Sidewalk Sign and Cafe Permits

Encroachment Permits

An encroachment permit is required for anyone who operates an outdoor café or has an A-Frame sign on the sidewalks or public property in the Zoned C-4 District of the City. The application is available, via the links below, as a downloadable PDF or online form. For further assistance, contact Nadia McLeod at 864-467-4490.

Permit Rules and Regulations
The City of Greenville encourages outside dining and the use of beautification items displayed in front of stores, as it enhances, promotes and individualizes the Central Business District.

However, sidewalks are public property, to be used by the general public, and the city must provide for the safety of pedestrians. Business owners are responsible to know the encroachment regulations, and relay them to their customers.
Download Sidewalk and Cafe Encroachment Rules and Regulations

Permit Applications

Sign Encroachment
Café Encroachment